Saturday, October 2, 2010

Back to School!

Well it is that time again...Back to school! I have to admit that I'm happy to be back in school. I feel bad for people who have to work part time jobs all year long. I couldn't do it. kudos to those who do! I enjoyed my summer off though :)

I am finally in my major with all my GE's out of the way. Hallelujah! I actually look forward to going to class and I actually want to do well. Kinda funny how that happens when you get to study what you want. Its been interesting because it seems that this semester is simply a test for time management skills. They have all of the elementary education majors start out with the Arts semester and then go into 2 cohorts and then student teaching. Right now I'm taking music in the classroom, dance in the classroom, theater in the classroom, art in the classroom, math ed, writing, and physical education in the classroom. Its pretty fun but it seems like busy work. I'm always doing projects and assignments. Its fun! but I'm excited to actually get IN the classroom next semester. Should be fun :)

Today was the first day of General Conference. I love this time of year. What could be better than listening to the counsel of our prophets? I enjoyed both sessions today....particularly Elder Scott's and Elder Uchtdorf's talks. I've realized that I do need to slow down a little bit and do what I want to do for ME. not for anyone else. Happiness comes from ourselves and from the Lord. I came across this quote just the other day and I really enjoyed it....

'Happiness does not depend on what happens outside of you, but on what happens inside of you. It is measured by the spirit with which you meet the problems of life.' "

-Harold B. Lee

Isn't it true? It takes so much less effort to be happy than it does to be angry/frustrated/stressed/sad/etc. I've decided that I need to try my best to be happy. After all, thats why I'm here...to be happy.

Anyway! Time for sleep. Goodnight!

1 comment:

  1. YAY for you actually blogging! Keep it up! I want to read MORE. If you think you're busy with school now, just WAIT!! You're in for it! =) Don't worry though. Erickson's are good at being efficient with their time. LOVE YOU!

    ReplyDelete