Friday, April 13, 2012

My BYU in Review... :)

This is the first time that I have ever had a spring break and I am absolutely loving it! That is one of the perks of being a school teacher! Being an intern and teaching 5th grade has left me feeling disconnected from BYU since August. I decided to take a little walk down memory lane and reminisce on my fabulous college experience. Plus, graduation is in a week! What better timing could there be? :)

SO HERE'S TO...
My Favorites

*The BYU Telefund...the source of the majority of my income throughout college. This place provided me with a fabulous social life! friends and boyfriends alike. This was probably my most favorite part-time job ever!

I met this lovely lady at the Tfund!..my life would not be the same without the darling Richelle.

*My 21st birthday mocktail party...a 4 apartment themed party to end the summer = perfection. I'll remember that night forever! Not to mention the beginnings of many fab friendships.

*Hiking the Narrows at Zions!
A fabulous beginning to the semester!

*Club Style and the gangsta thug it brought out in me and Kirsten Bowe.

*The lovely random roommates who turned out to be some of my greatest friends!

*Participating in the largest water balloon fight with Erin!

*The semester that consisted of John Bazyk, Erin Peterson, and Nate Sell...one of the BEST semesters of college!

*The romantic relationships i had while attending BYU..only positive memories from all those fun times.

*Fro Yo...enough said.

*Country dancing. with short mexicans AND caucasians.

*Festival of Colors

Here's to...

My Least Favorites


*The stairs of doom by the RB and the Smith Fieldhouse...hated walking those things. I don't care who you are...it wipes you out!

*C- in American Heritage...that blasted class was way too hard.

*Getting kidney stones. The drugs were nice though... :)

*Unnecessary "midterms". I'm sorry...but classes should not have 4 midterms. it's called a midterm for a reason.

Here's To...
The Moments I'd Love to Relive!

*The evening I got offered a job to teach 5th grade at Rocky Mountain Elementary!

*When I got into the el ed program and opened the fabulous letter!

*That winter term with Jessica and Jamie! quite possibly one of my best semesters at BYU. I miss you girls!

*Freshman year when Kyle and Whitney still attended BYU! Taking New Testament with Kyle and D&C and HEPE with Whit! I loved that year.

*The many getaway trips to Vegas to see Kjerstin and Steve..those kept me sane!

*Teaching 5th grade at Rocky Mountain Elementary! I love those kids. :)


Here's to...
The Things I'm Still Laughing About
(aka the more stupid things I did in my college career...)


*Running from Wyview to 200 N at 2 am...in the snow. in shorts and tshirts. haha This night was epic. Jas, Erin, and Britt..I love you!

*The dance party we went to where the roof fell in and the cops came. scary!

*When i wiped out in the library atrium..for all to see. by myself. I had a bruise the size of a basketball on my thigh for about a week. :)

*Studio 600 nights and all the other fabulous dance parties!



I've LOVED my experience at BYU and I've learned so much. I've met some fabulous people and there are way too many great memories to touch on them all! I'm glad I chose to attend such a wonderful university and I am so thankful for the opportunity I had to receive a top notch education! To all those who have supported me and loved me, THANK YOU!

And Here's To...

What lies ahead. I'm looking forward to the future! :)

2 comments:

  1. Next? How about getting married...Steve needs a brother in law. Haha. :) Proud of you sis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this Emily. :) I still credit you for being the angel that set me on my feet here at BYU, recommending Wyview for me and recommending me at the Telefund. The Telefund has been the biggest blessing of my college career.

    ReplyDelete